WHY CHOOSE ORCHARD TREES?
Choosing a childcare setting is an extremely personal choice and each family has particular needs and wants from a childcare setting. Some families are suited to nurseries, some child minders and some find pre-schools are the perfect choice for them. The key to finding your perfect fit is to think about what values are most important to you and your family and find a setting that share those.
Here are just some of the benefits that we offer our families
• Long opening hours; open 7am-6.30pm
• Full day, half day and short day sessions available
• Flexibility for sessions including Term time only places and ad-hoc sessions
• Optional Lunch and Tea. You can opt out of nursery meals to keep costs down
• Sibling and full-time place discounts available
• FREE funded session for 3&4 yr olds (up to 30hrs) and eligible 2 yr olds (15hrs)
• Wrap around care when you child goes to school
• Optional trips out in the community organised regularly
• Situated in a peaceful countryside location with easy access from the A19 for commuters
• Lovely converted barn setting with a fantastic outside space
• Great links with local schools and pre-schools
• Nurturing, imaginative, dedicated and highly qualified team
• Nursery Director has 13+ years’ experience working in nurseries as a Key person
We are very strong advocates of teaching children to form healthy habits from the earliest age. Our Lunch, Tea and Snack menus are planned to ensure that each meal is packed full of nutrients and is also delicious. We use a wide variety of fresh ingredients and offer a diverse menu full of different flavours and textures.
All of our food is freshly prepared onsite each day. We cut sugar and the use of processed foods as much as possible and aim to provide a balanced plate at every meal time.
Ethical Farming and Animal Welfare are issues which are very close to our heart and so for 1 day each week we go completely plant based. This includes all meals and snacks. We provide a range of alternative protein and calcium sources.
Monday (VEGAN DAY)
Lentil and Veg Shepherds Pie
Vegan chocolate Brownies
Greek Lamb Kofta Kebabs
Pesto and Chicken Meatball Pasta Bake
Homemade Banana Ice-Cream
Tuna Fishcake, New Potatoes and Peas
Summer Fruit Fool
Sausages with Wedges and Veg
Veggie Fingers and Beans
Jacket Potatoes with Veg Sticks
Variety of Sandwiches and Veg Sticks
Oaty Raisin Cookies
Pitta Pizzas and Veg Sticks
Cheese and Grapes
What our parents say about us...
"I would say that Orchard Trees is and excellent childcare setting; clean and safe with excellent staff who seem to genuinely care about the children." Oct 2018
"All the staff create a warm and caring atmosphere-it feels like an extension of the family." Oct 2018
"The food is great, the environment is good and the management are so helpful and flexible wherever possible." Oct 2018
"Activities and the environment are stimulating -it is clear learning is really progressing with the support of the Orchard Trees and the team." Oct 2018
"The care is tailored to the child rather than a 'one size fits all' approach...They are in tune with parents' needs and are flexible with hours which is fairly rare with local nurseries." Jul 2018
"The staff are fantastic and very flexible with extra days etc." Jun 2018